Instagram Feed: @MnqnC

4.1.12

K, So...

I try to steer clear of too much wordiness in this place because well, I'm a visual gal BUT I feel that since it is a new year I must speak on behalf what was & what will be. (Plus, everyone is doing it.) Somehow we are almost 5 days into this guy & I have no idea what I aim to get out of 2012 aside from escaping a Mayan death. 

I know I rarely speak on my personal life but as I reflect back on 2011, actually, I try not to reflect at all but if I remember correctly, the end of 2010 was a kick-start to a rough & mentally draining 2011. I couldn't seem to grasp full control of much. Unfortunately I'm starting to sound depressing so let me make my point now. Of course a year only marks 12 months, a month only marks about 4 weeks & a week is just 7 days but we all know the new year is a beacon of hope for people just trying to make a fresh start. So who am I to kill a dream? Though the year of 2011 isn't exactly highlight worthy, I do have to say the tide started turning in the last couple months. Maybe it was the holidays, possibly all the homemade baking I was being gifted, it could have been all the new shoes I bought myself or maybe it was just time but I see you 2012, acting all coy when you already know this is bound to be love...even if we won't live to see the final days of you...It will all be so wildly romantic. I believe I am now starting to quote Breakfast at Tiffany's so I'll stop. Lets all be cliche together & hope for the best to come this year. 


Best Cliche Year Ever Checklist:

1.) A ridiculously chic planner. So what if your planner costs more than 2 weeks worth of groceries? You'll want to show it off so much you wont be able to not use it. I'll take orange, please.

available @ Vivre


2.) New Hair. It could be a little tweak, a new product or a whole new cut & color but this is always a good  first step for a fresh start. I've had my eye on jet back hot roller waves & pin curls, I hear they're making a comeback. 


3.) New places, new faces. One thing that became dull was going to the same places. Of course, they will always be our Old Faithfuls & sometimes its convenient & comfortable but besides the few perks & unless you're the bartender, being known at the same bars isn't exactly a gold medal accomplishment. Different atmospheres can certainly bring out different things in you. 



The Crosby & Memphis


The Crosby in downtown Santa Ana is not my usual spot but the few times I've gone, the food is good, the music is great & the mixed drinks are excruciatingly delicious. I also stumbled upon Memphis which had live music & interesting people..in a good way.

4.) Turn up the accessories. After the holidays, you're broke. Just admit it. Can't get a new wardrobe but style the accessories just right & you might feel like you did. Gimme Studded & Spiked everything, Citrus colored anything & embellishments all around!



Top row, Pixie Market; Bottom Row, Headband & Belt, top shop. JC Boot, Nasty Gal.

5.) A new lip. Whether you opt for nude, bold or deep, a new signature lip makes a big difference. I've juggled M.A.C's Velvet Teddy & Ruby Woo for many moons now but I'm really into mixing shades for my own personal touch. I'm using M.A.C's lip liner in Currant as a base and going from there but I always keep it matte. Sorry I have no photo here because I am hungry & dinner is ready. 

No matter what year it is one thing we should all shoot for is Staying Golden, kids. Happy New Year<3